Summer is coming to an end and as start of the school year nears, I find myself asking “what will i pack for school lunch?” The great thing about summer is that i have so much time! i can blog, read, run, and cook up a storm whenever. But trying to juggle high school, sports, and a job at the smoothie bar leaves me hardly enough time to make school lunches… that are GAPS legal!
That’s the school day dilemma.
Never the less, if there’s a will, there’s a way and heres the 101 on what to pack for school(or work) lunches. I don’t know any other people my age on the GAPS diet (though, i am sure they are out there somewhere) but this article can apply to anyone, from elementary schoolers to people trying to balance a grain free diet at work. I have posted links to all my favorite lunch recipes…
If you like this post, please suggest it to others and feel free to leave me a comment, thank you!
- fun fruit snacks -takes about five minutes of my attention to make these tasty little treats
- mini lemon muffins -adorable, low-carb, and fun!
- squash chips -perfect if you have a dehydrator
- simple fruit leathers -can be made in the oven or dehydrator
- my cinnamon bun muffins ❤ -cinnamon bun+ muffin= fantastic
- larabars! my all time favorite snack! -these are the simplest and most travel compatible
tips from rosie: the fruit leathers the perfect snack to take if you won’t be around a fridge for awhile
- zucchini pasta -this is a great way to get more veggies, you can even mix in some chicken
- super salad -full of iron and tastes amazing!
- cucumber sesame salad -a nice, light, chic salad
tips from rosie: the super kale salad saves great in the fridge because is soaks up the dressing and becomes more flavorful
- fancy grilled cheese -a good and filling
- sandwich bread -just add some lettuce and a little deli meat and you’ve got a good old sandwich
- pizza bites! -its healthy pizza… need i say more?
- flat breads -perfect for sandwiches, burgers, and pizza crust!